[Xastir-dev] Broken station location

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Thu Apr 1 01:45:57 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > The only commit today that has made it to anon cvs was to util.c ---
> > the copy I had checked out tonight was version 1.97.  If I check out
> > util.c version 1.96 then the pathology goes away.  I suspect there's
> > some broken logic there.
>
> There was.  I was trying to set up Xastir to use DD MM.MMMM format,
> which Byon's latest TinyTrack-3 can put out.  I messed up the logic.
> The latest (which should be on anon CVS in a few hours) should fix
> it for you.

Reminds me, I'm looking for something which is hopefully a minimal
tracker, including the radio and gps receiver, for like less than $500.
Currently I've been using xastir, a laptop, and a cellular modem to
transmit my position, which seems wrong.

I came across something which when GPS was included went up like $200 in
price, and the GPS modules are the same ones I have a dozen of in my
dining room that I'm not using. (I have a pile of Oncores and a pile of
SVee6 CM3s for projects)