[Xastir-dev] Long Term CPU

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Sat Feb 19 11:49:30 EST 2005

there is a small leak somewhere, after about 30 days up time it used all the
memory and my swap went into overload.

restart of xastir cleared it, It used all availible memory making my pine and
other programs go to swap. It had sat for a week running as the displayed
program.

Actually the operation was normal, do the hash tables stay in memory or swap
out. I had not noticed this earlier, but then I never was able to keep it up
long enough to notice without some other issue making a bigger issue.

It grew over time. Are old lerts being purged and memory released?
I only have 128K real memory. Redhat 7.1

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry