[Xastir-dev] Travis CI testing

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Oct 18 14:26:24 PDT 2021

I just noticed that the Xastir repo has not been getting Travis tested for
some time.  All attempts to trigger builds have been getting a failure to
authenticate error.

Turns out that for some reason they now require us to select a "plan" on
Travis, and they don't by default select the free one.

I logged in to travis and selected the free plan, and now Xastir commits
and pull requests are getting tested again.

Pity they didn't see fit to notify us.  It is also phenomenally difficult
to find the fact that builds have been failing on the Travis site.  I found
it once today, and now I can't find it again.  Oh, there it is... hidden in
the "More options" pull down under "Requests":

https://app.travis-ci.com/github/Xastir/Xastir/requests

The last successful build was #250 5 months ago, which was also the last
time we were committing with any frequency.  All the 2.1.8 commits I've
been making have failed to get tested (fortunately, they were mostly
documentation).

Anyhow, it's working again.  Maybe some folks will be inspired to resume work
on some of those issues targeted for 2.2.0?

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM