[Xastir] Xastir as a geo display

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Sep 19 15:45:27 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 pdickson at att.net wrote:

> Doing this from PERL is exactly what I want to do.  Is the format Xastir expects
> over the TCP port just lines of ASCII text with a return at the end?  That is, a
> simple PERL "print" directed at the port?  Or with AX25 headers?

It'll need to look like it came from a TNC, so you need some text at
the front of each packet.

> Could you send me a copy of aprsdPERL so I could modify it for my purposes?

    http://www.eskimo.com/~archer

Click on the ftp link on the left, then search around in there for
it.  It's GPL'ed.  I might have made a few minor changes to it since
those archives.  I can send you the latest-latest if you have any
trouble with it.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin