[Xastir] Xastir + Cygwin

James Mackie jmackie at jmtech.ca
Fri Jun 13 14:41:31 EDT 2003

Morning All,

Quick question, I am running Xastir and Cygwin on my laptop, running Windows
98. I am running Xastir perfectly on my RH9 Workstation.

The problem is I cannot get Xastir to connect to my radio thru Cygwin.
Always give a 'Hard Fail'. I was able to fix this on my RH9 machine by
modifying the permisions on the /dev/ttyS0 file, however. On cygwin the
'device' that it is trying to open is 'com1' and cygwin has no /dev folder
:)

Has anyone come across this problem and have a fix for it? Am I missing
something obvious? I can walk myself around linux no problems, however this
would be the first time I have tried to have cygwin use the comports.

James, VA7MTY