[Xastir] What's up with CVS?

Kurt A. Freiberger kurt at badgers-hill.net
Sun May 11 23:39:32 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 21:26, KC7ZRU - Tate wrote:
> You using the ImageMagik RPMs from the RH 9 distro CDs or building from
> source from ImageMagik.org?

I used the RH 9.0 RPMs.  Didn't find them.
I snarfed the IM 5.5.6 from ImageMagick.org - they crapped out during
the make install, but the libraries were in there.  Now, I get the Tiger
Maps, but I can't set the background color.I'll have to try to install
IM 5.5.6 again and investigate what made it crap out.  That'll probably
send me down yet another undomesticated waterfowl pursuance exercise.

> If that later - don't. The more current ImageMagik releases 'break' some
> things in xastir - see the bug-list. If the former, well - wouldn't be
> the first time RH RPMs didn't play nice. Ensure you've got the
> ImageMagik-devel RPMS installed and maybe try running 'ldconfig' just
> after. But - if they're too recent, they may well not be fullly
> functional for xastir either.

Installed the RPMs, did ldconfig.  configure didn't file ImageWrite in
-lMagick.

> I think Curt or someone had an older tar ball for ImageMagik that didn't
> break stuff - use that one.

I'll do that when I get a chance.  It'll be a while.  My Igate is up, at
least.

I also had installed the libgeotif stuff, suppsedly sucessfully.
configure didn't find it, either.  I wonder if RH9 has a problem in
library management.

73/Kurt