[Xastir] Stymied...

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed May 21 14:23:02 EDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I thought the plan was to create a "stable" 1.1.4 version before 1.1.5
> was started.

The number isn't all that important.  The plan is to create a
"stable" release.  It'll most likely be called 1.1.6 when we're all
done.  Then again, we could leave it at 1.1.5.

> Xastir never really is stable, since it changes daily (or
> sooner), but perhaps the latest 1.1.4 snapshot should be deemed "stable"
> for the less-adventurous types (or the stable nomenclature eliminated
> altogether).

Nope!  We're doing too many language and bug fixes in 1.1.5.  We
want to stick with that.  The hard part is to get the bug reports
down to a trickle so that we can fix the major ones, then dump it
out.

I think that I should take a look at the map properties problem, but
put the missing language tokens into the "fix-it-later" category so
that we can release.  The remaining language problems appear to be
fairly minor, hard-coded strings that need to be tokenized and added
to the language files.  Most of the major instances of this have
been caught already.

We also have a possible problem with area objects, but I don't have
the time/desire to go after that one right now.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin