[Xastir] problems after upgrade mdk9.1 to 9.2

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Nov 7 11:46:20 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> I thought if you were compiling from a tar-ball, you didn't need to
> ./bootstrap.sh

I _think_ it works like this:  If you are compiling from one of the
snapshots, one of the developers has already run bootstrap.sh for
you, so the "configure" script has already been created.

If you're using CVS, you need to run bootstrap.sh periodically in
order to re-create "configure".  The developers sometimes change
files which require changes to the configure script.  You don't pick
those up unless you run bootstrap.sh first.

I almost always do the full sequence.  Doesn't hurt if you have a
new enough autoconf/automake installed.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin