[Xastir] Here I go again....

Orrin Winton oakenshieldd at lycos.com
Wed Sep 17 00:29:00 EDT 2003

Wes Johnston wrote:

>I"ve installed imagemagick 5.5.7 from the sources,
>not from cygwin. ... Has anyone done a winXP install
>to date with cygwin?  Perhaps that's the problem?

On my Cygwin/XP box i just did a cvs update to get
1.2.1, used the ImageMagick 5.5.3 which i believe i
got from a WE7U website (and i don't see any source
code in the directory, so i don't think i compiled it
from source), and got shapelib-1.2.10.tar.gz from
wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/shapelib/.  It all seems to
have compiled well, though i haven't tried to read
shapelib and ImMagick maps yet with it; another day
for that.

Since i'm coming into this discussion late, let me
know if i'm answering your question at all.

So:  on my XP laptop, i compiled & installed the
above, and Cygwin and Xastir don't have a problem
with the space in my Windows user name.

Orrin wn1z