[Xastir] Help with TM-D700A

Alan Crosswell n2ygk at weca.org
Thu Apr 29 17:28:08 EDT 2004

Are you using the TM-D700 as a serial TNC (vs. kernel AX25)?

If so, you need to be using a standard RS-232 DB-9 cable along with a gender
changer since Kenwood for some stupid reason used the wrong gender connector on
the radio.  Also, make sure you are doing F (2sec)-TNC and F (2sec)-TNC so that
the unit is in PKT mode and not APRS mode.  Other than this I don't know what to
say;  The D700 looks just like a typical TNC2.  I use the supplied THD7 init
file that comes with Xastir and it works fine.

73
/a