[Xastir] Re: MAPS - Does not appear

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 21 23:25:56 EST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Marcelo Cury wrote:

> Dear  Hams,
> I can not see maps. I just finished the install process.
> I see the GPS directory and the maps terraserver.geo, tigermap.geo and
> toposerver.geo.
> I  have got aprsworld.net/gisdata/world map, untared it at MAPS directory. I
>   did indexed new maps and... nothing... I can not see any maps.
> Xastir is running OK except for this...
> Libraries in use: ImageMagick, nad, proj,  geotiff, libtiff and festival.

My goodness, you have just about everything installed except the one
you need for that particular map!  What are the odds of that
happening?  ;-)

You need to install Shapelib per the instructions in the INSTALL
file, then configure/compile/install Xastir again.  After that you
should be able to reindex-all and see the world map you downloaded.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer