[Xastir] use D700 TNC for xastir and built-in APRS?

Dennis Hudson, N2LBT n2lbt at n2lbt.com
Mon Jun 21 12:44:07 EDT 2004

I think the whole protocol has already been reverse engineered and a
few text based apps were written to provide some basic aprs
messaging/memory features but to my knowledge no one has incorporated
the proprietary instruction set and custom parser into any mainstream
APRS client applications to date. Sure would be a nice thing to have
though.

Xastir would seem like a nice fit, because there is good active
development. But something that would be even cooler to me would be
PocketAPRS. I inquired about the feature in PocketAPRS but it didn't
get a big following.