[Xastir] Track Clicking

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 12 12:46:05 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Tom Robson wrote:

> I know this on the 'want' list, but just thought I would ask...
> Any idea if it will occur in the near future if clicking on a track will show
> who it belongs to?  Get tracks that dead end occasionally and difficult to
> see who made them..

It's not high on my list right now.  Any of the other developers
might take a liking to it and implement it though.

I can think of two ways to go about it right off:

1) Search through the tracks for all stations looking for positions
closest to the mouse pointer.

2) Have a mode whereby a callsign can be plotted next to each and
every position on the screen.

#1 would be time-consuming, particularly if you had 20,000+ stations
and a lot of them had 100's of positions to look through.  This
could be made a bit faster if we stored extents for each track, so
we'd skip those that had no posits inside our view.

#2 would get very cluttered, but I see it as a temporary thing
anyway, so it would just involve adding a new togglebutton to enable
the feature plus the back-end code to change how a track was drawn,
invoking the draw callsign portion a bit more often.