[Xastir] Today's CVS and Fedora Core 2 - good!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 20 13:06:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:

> Nothing unusual here.  Last cvs I did was May 10th.  Using dbfawk.  Not using
> festival or gdal. Running xastir consumes about 7M physical memory.  Using
> KDE.

I can tell just by that 7MB that you're not connected to a full
internet feed.  Probably just local RF, right?

Two side-by-side Xastir sessions, dbfawk enabled in both.  Weather
alerts enabled in one.  Both connected to same filtered firenet
feed.  The one with wx alerts enabled has higher memory usage, and
in fact if I zoom in/out a few times with only the alerts showing
(no other maps or stations enabled), I can make memory usage go up
by megabytes.

Need to try the same thing with a non-dbfawk compile.  That'll knock
dbfawk out as a possible cause if the results are similar.