[Xastir] WX Counties

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 3 23:38:23 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Bennett, Joe wrote:

> At one time I had WX counties working just fine, and now it has seemed to
> stop. I see the alerts under View-> Weather Alerts but no counties are shaded
> in... I have Enable Weather Alert Counties enabled, but no dice.... Any
> ideas???
>
> Help about says the following libraries are used: ShapeLib ImageMagick PCRE
> Dbfawk
>
> All running on 1.4.0 on Suse 9.0

If you upgraded from a very old Xastir, it's possible that your
config files are pointing at the wrong directory structure.

You also must not have "Disable All Maps" clicked.  That turns off
weather alert maps as well.

If you have rather old NOAA Shapefiles, you might need to update
them.

Are you seeing info in the View->Weather Alerts dialog that is not
being displayed?  It's possible if you know there are weather alerts
and they are not appearing in that box, or they are appearing there
but don't have zone numbers in them (county names instead), that
they were sent by something other than the weather server (WXSVR)
software, and therefore aren't parsable in Xastir.

Make sure you have all of the files you need downloaded from NOAA.
There are several files if you want to see all the possible alerts.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer