[Xastir] Lacrosse WS-2310 - Xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Aug 12 22:32:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 09:56:28PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n9uwe at charter.net> flavor, containing:
> Hi Guys,
> I have a LaCrosse ws-2310 wx station. I want to run this weather station with Xastir. I am running Debian Sarge "stable" kernel is 2.6.XXsomething and have Xastir v1.8.2 running.
>
> I have downloaded open2300 and have installed it with no errors. I did an apt-get install on as many mysql pkgs as I could find, probably 4 or 5.  That went ok. However I see errors on boot up screen about mysql server not finding or not able to start in some directory, but they scroll by to quick to read them??

You should only need two mysql packages: mysql-server and mysql-client.  Any
more than that is a waste of space unless you'er going to do more with
mysql than just this.

> Not sure what to do about mysql errors or how to get Xastir configured for open2300. (Go easy on me, I'm fairly new to Linux)

The instructions for setting up mysql should be installed with the mysql
packages.  Look for the "Post-installation" instructions.  The steps include
securing the database server with passwords (it defaults to no password at all),
adding a database user for yourself (it only defaults to having a root and a
"test" user, both passwordless), and creating tables in your database.

The instructions for setting up a database and running open2300 are in
LaCrosse/README and are pretty straightforward once you get to this point.