[Xastir] Make file

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 13:39:16 EST 2006

On 12/7/06, Darryl Gibson <n2diy at losch.net> wrote:
> Jeremy Utley wrote:
> >
> > Darryl, forgive me if I'm being an idiot, but I seem to remember you
> > as an Ubuntu user - if that's the case, do an "sudo apt-get install
> > build-essential" - that will pull all the base development packages
> > in, like GCC, make, auto-tools, and so on.
>
> Does that grab the make package too?
>
> That was the missing link.
>
> Darryl N2DIY

Yep, build-essential should pull in the make package - along with all
the other stuff that are pretty much necessary for any type of
compiling of source code.  Since Ubuntu is designed as a desktop
system, that kind of stuff isn't installed by default - desktop users
don't usually need a compiler.  build-essential is a meta-package -
meaning it doesn't actually install anything itself, but it lists all
the other packages as it's dependencies, making apt-get pull them in
automagically.

Jeremy