[Xastir] wikipedia on xastir...?

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 18:05:57 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> I do prefer having local documentation in plain text, and use grep (and "less"
> with its search function, and emacs, and vi...) to find stuff much more
> quickly than I usually can on any wiki I've ever had the misfortune of
> trying to get answers on.  As long as there is a consistent effort to
> distill the contents of the wiki into offline documentation I'm fine with it,
> but would hate to see the offline stuff go away or turn into the red-headed
> stepchild.

Dumping Wiki info into an offline text file should be as simple as this:

lynx -dump {URL}

or:

links -dump {URL}

depending on which you have installed.  These commands will dump the
contents of the specified URL pages into formatted plain-text files.
We use it regularly in my LinuxFromScratch project to create
plain-text files from our HTML books rendered from XML Docbook.

HTH,

Jeremy, NW7JU