[Xastir] Xastir's in ADEPT

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:27:48 EDT 2007

> Gee, I just found Xastir listed in the Adept package manager.  I could
> have installed with Adept and not worried about compiling and everything else!

Yes, but you would be stuck on XASTIR 1.84 (assuming you are on
Kubuntu 7.04). If you are using Kubuntu 6.10, then Adept would install
version 1.82, and if you are on 6.06, Adept would install XASTIR 1.71!

Remember the mod below from Curt that addresses the radar maps
displaying black?  If you compiled from CVS, you can get that change
now in your system.  That problem would still exist in the old binary
versions.  There are definitely advantages to compiling!