[Xastir] Xastir going down at night

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Fri Jul 27 18:24:32 EDT 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 17:45, Eric Christensen wrote:

> My setup is as follows:
>
> Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
> HHD: 500GB
> RAM: 4GB
> Motherboard: ASUS M2N32-SLI
>
> I'm running Fedora 7 with the 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 kernel.
>
> I'm currently not connected to a TNC (gotta get a longer serial
> cable) so all my data is coming off the IS.
>
> I'm setup to have 8GB of swap and I've only gotten that far when
> running John the Ripper.  Otherwise I've never seen utilization
> over 2.5GB.  Per Curt's request I will check for mem spillage as
> that could be a problem.

Eric,

I am an expert by no means. But I knew that more information would be
required. I recently have encountered some problems with a lockup. I
have confirmed that it happens 100% of the time with my serial
interface enabled and 0% of the time with it disabled. It has been
suggested that my problem is the adapter I use to go from serial to
USB. Obviously that isn't your problem, but I thought I'd ask. I
think I've also heard some reports of problems caused by problem
packets. You could try leaving your system on again and see if it
happens again or if it was completely random and non-repeatable.
Also, are other programs running which might be conflicting? You
might also turn on logging to see if you can capture anything which
might be a hint. But beware, logging can sometimes create very large
files if left alone for a long time.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn