[Xastir] mapping maybe OT

Peter Maxfield pmaxfield at charter.net
Mon Mar 12 14:56:45 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

You thought you finally got rid of me...well not just yet.

I love Xastir!  It's doing everything I expected it to.  Now, perhaps I
could make it do a little more.

In my job, sometimes I need to know the addresses of real properties that
are adjoining a subject real property

I would like to be able to enter an address, may be through Xastir, maybe
not, and be able to return with a set of addresses that are within a
variable distance from the subject.  Mapping then would be cool too. Radius
or X-Y and a way to limit the dataset to 10, 100, 1000, etc.  Another way
would be to draw a rectangle or circle (any shape) and return the addresses
inside the shape.

Perhaps this is already being done someplace else.  I don't know if you can
use a shapefile against the address database Xastir has access to.

Did I mention how much I love Xastir?

Best regards,

Peter Maxfield, W1LBR
HYPERLINK "http://www.finehomesbymax.com/"