[Xastir] Xastir-1.9.5 compling error...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 18 13:45:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Larry Shields wrote:

> Curt, WE7U wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Larry Shields wrote:
>>
>>> *Hi Curt - - I do have "internet map retrieval ......Yes (libcurl)
>>> compiled in this version...
>>
>> Center your view somewhere in the U.S. then, perhaps between zoom 1
>> and 512, and enable just the "Online/tigermap.geo" entry.  Make sure
>> you have all other maps de-selected and Map->Automaps turned off as
>> well.  Get anything interesting?
>>
>> Also tweak the File->Configure->Fetch Internet Maps slider up to
>> 120sec or so so that Xastir doesn't time out trying to fetch the
>> map.
>>
> *Hello Curt - - I tried what you have mentioned in the above, and I didn't
> get anything interesting at all, what am I missing here...???

If you have Automaps turned off and all other maps turned off other
than the Online/tigermap.geo, you should see detailed street maps
show up from the Tigermap server.

If you run Xastir from an xterm you might see error messages from
libcurl show up there.  If you're running Xastir by clicking on an
icon you won't see the the error messages.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer