[Xastir] Installing Xastir 1.9.9 on Ubuntu/Debian

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:25:53 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Kamal Mostafa wrote:

> The xastir version in my Ubuntu PPA
> https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/xastir
> is merely one month old (xastir199-2010-Jul-01.tgz).  How OUTDATED can
> it possibly be, David?  ;-)

In this particular case, very.  We lost the Tigermap server for
street maps, then our newest developer implemented Open Street Maps
and more recently, tiling/caching of the same.  A month-old version
of Xastir is nice, but a 1-day old version of Xastir is much nicer &
more usable due to the tiling of the OSM maps.

Thank you David A. and Jerry S. for helping to get the Debian
package updated!