[Xastir] How to decipher the Packet Data Received box?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed May 5 01:15:36 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 06:50:55PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n.heyen at comcast.net> flavor, containing:
> Just a quick question that I have to ask. When in the View -> Incoming Data
> (Packet Data Received) dialog box, what do the initial codes mean?
>
> 0:NET

This denotes that the line is incoming data from the network on interface 0.

> 1:TNC

Incoming data from a TNC on interface 1.

> 0:TX

Transmit on interface 0.  (Which in this case is network server as indicated
by the receive line above)

The thing before the colon is an interface number, as defined in your
interface control dialog ("Device 0", "Device 1" etc.)  The thing after
the colon is the type of interface (TNC or NET) or "TX" for outgoing data.
That's all there is to it.

--
 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life