[Xastir] Where is the Xastir executable

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 12:14:57 EDT 2014

Gordon,

Try /usr/local/bin/xastir

My "XASTIR.desktop" reads as follows:

    [Desktop Entry]
    Name=XASTIR
    GenericName=XASTIR APRS
    Comment=XASTIR APRS: Automatic Position Reporting System
    Exec=gnome-terminal -t Xastir_Terminal --geometry=160x48 -x
    /usr/local/bin/xastir
    Icon=/home/aitch100s76gazpro/src/xastir/symbols/icon.png
    Terminal=false
    Type=Application
    Categories=Network;HamRadio;
    Name[en_US]=XASTIR
    GenericName[en_US]=
    Comment[en_US]=

You would have to make some minor adjustments to comply with your
directory structure especially with regard to the icon location.

73
Dave
KB3EFS

--