[Xastir] Tutorial?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 15:18:33 EST 2015

On Dec 12, 2015 1:14 PM, "Mike M" <kf7mbk at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's working!
> I'm not sure what was different.. I think maybe since the world map by
> default has a layer number larger than the other maps if you don't
> explicitly set it on your selected map, the maps were always buried?  I
> dunno.  But it's working now with OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo...albeit tile
> is no longer up, that all the online OSM maps would not work.  I know at
> one point I had many of them selected and never got anything to come up.

Given you are on version 2.0 of Xastir, which I think is about 3 years old,
you have many obsolete online map selections in the map chooser.  I suspect
you had not tried the mapnik option previously, which is obviously still
valid.

> So the next step.. how can I figure out why my map file doesn't show up in
> the map chooser?

My guess is simply that your map file is not in a format supported by
Xastir.

There's been a fair amount of discussion lately on the list about offline
maps.  As others have said, the maps how-to needs to be updated.  That's
easier said than done these days.  I lost my ability to make updates after
the hosting changed, but I doubt I would have had time to mess with the
maps section, anyway.

Lee - K5DAT