[Xastir] Xastir not playing nice

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:38:55 EST 2015

I don't know whether a KPC-3 or KPC-3+ is supposed to continue
beaconing in that case. Seems like it though (for TNC command-mode).

If you are going into KISS mode, using either Serial KISS or AX.25
interfaces in Xastir, then Xastir would be the one doing it all for
you.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Danny <mynixmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> When my KPC-3 is working by itself (without Xastir) all my BEACON, BTEXT, LT,
> BLT etc. settings work just fine ... but as soon as I startup Xastir nothing
> happens ... :( ... no BEACONing ... no BTEXT ... nothing ...
>
> I even started Xastir with an empty startup file ...

I don't know whether a KPC-3 or KPC-3+ is supposed to continue
beaconing in that case. Seems like it though (for TNC command-mode).

If you are going into KISS mode, using either Serial KISS or AX.25
interfaces in Xastir, then Xastir would be the one doing it all for
you.

Anyone else have any ideas on this?

--
Curt, WE7U