[Xastir] New user to xastir program

Steve Rogers kd5mkv at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:11:58 PDT 2016

I used used U7??? Modem with networked agwpe and wine. Basically a experiment which I chatted on 30m aprs 800 miles. The modem worked but no waterfall on the U7??? Modem.
steve kd5mkv

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM -0500, "David Ranch" <xastir at trinnet.net<mailto:xastir at trinnet.net>> wrote:

Hello Steve,

Your email is a bit too vague for me to follow...
> That windows modem works with Xastir under localhost interface. I used it on 30m 300 baud successfully made 2 chats. I couldn't see the waterfall on the program but did work.
Are you talking about the "CCW Messenger" modem?  When you say
"localhost interface", what method are you using to communicate with it
and Xastir:

    Serial TNC (in command mode)
    Serial KISS TNC
    Networked AGWPE