[Xastir] ADS-B (planes)

Eric Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Thu Mar 17 13:01:41 EDT 2016

On 03/17/2016 12:54 PM, Curt Mills wrote:
> Is on my radar. I tried installing several different AIS programs so far.
> All of them either didn't compile, or once running, didn't receive any AIS
> packets. Haven't investigated further but will in the future.

Yeah, I had similar results back when I messed with it.

> If anyone has recommendations for one that works and might allow tying into
> with another script (like I did with dump1090), please let me know.

OpenCPN (http://opencpn.org) worked for me.  You might be able to poke
around the source code and see what they are doing.  I haven't tried it
since I moved off the boat, though.

I overlook the Chesapeake Bay by about 50 feet here so if I can test
something let me know!

--Eric