[Xastir] Kubuntu _and_ Raspberry Pi build fails

Dexter N Muir dexy at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 21 22:51:45 EST 2015

More to the story, folks.

    It's been a while, but I'm still on the case. I went through a
laborious process: clear off a 4GB USB stick for mkusb to create a
Kubuntu 15.04 stick (non-persistent) to then create a persistent 15.04
USB stick (8MB, which left me enough room to play. It has all I need for
mobile use too, except storage room). In the process, 2x 16GB sticks
failed, one now permanently read-only, the other permanently completely
blank. $30-odd down the drain :(
    xastir built perfectly on this 8G stick, so the problem is somewhere
in the libgraphicsmagick-dev or its use or supporting lib(s). The
Kubuntu upgrade 15.04->15.10 or the RasPi upgrade Wheezy->jessie kills
the ability to build.
    The 8GB stick doesn't have enough room to upgrade to 15.10, so I'm
about to create a 15.04 on a HD partition which will. That will tell me
if a 15.04 build will run in 15.10 (will it use the upgraded runtime
libs?). I haven't tried to upgrade Wheezy->jessie on the Pi to test this
there - SD cards are expensive to me too. I just burn a Jessie image and
tailor it.

    Anyone else done any more yet?

Hopefully,
Dex, ZL2DEX